I know I’m relatively new to the whole blogging/wordpress world and am still figuring things out, but I have come across an overwhelming number of people who have not linked their blog to their Gravatar profile.
There are many places where your picture is the only means of leaving others with a first impression- such as when you like a post, or if you’re linked in a blog’s community, etc. If fellow bloggers find your picture attractive or interesting, they might click on it and go to your Gravatar profile, hoping to find more information. But if you don’t have your blog linked to it, how are they supposed to find you and get to know you better? It’s also possible, that if you’ve been commenting and liking others’ posts, but getting next to nothing back in return, this might be the very reason. Not only is it a waste of networking opportunity, but is also a lost chance to possibly gain a new follower.
If you’re not sure how to go about linking your blog to your Gravatar profile, don’t worry- it’s very easy and quick.
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Toward the bottom of the menu on the left, you’ll see User. Hover over it and click on My Profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and you’ll see the links section. Type in the complete URL of your blog in the URL box provided. You can also type in your blog’s title if you wish in the Title box provided.
- Once completed, click Add Link. It should show up something like this:
- If you have any other links you’d like to add, go ahead and fill those in as well, always clicking Add Link after each.
- Once you’ve finished with everything, click Update Profile.
And voilà! Now, other bloggers will be able to find you through your Gravatar profile.
Hopefully now there will be no more missed opportunities when it comes to people finding you through your Gravatar profile. Happy blogging, everyone!